1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 3, 2013 2:30 PM by kathy.walker.graves RSS

Need help with Pharmacy Tech Calculations.

Jessica Lynch

Hello there,

My name is Jessica, I live in Florida and I'm a 22 year old Pharmacy Technician graduate here at Penn Foster. I have my state certification coming up in 2 weeks and I'm having a very hard time understanding the measurement conversions and math calculations. I have the Pharmacy Tech Certification Board study guide book but it only gives the answers to the math questions, no explanation. I also have googled some help, youtube'd it also, and I've come up with nothing that can significantly help me understand. If anyone can help me I will absolutely worship the ground you walk on, that is how badly I need this help. I have a couple pharmacies waiting for me to become certified so they can hire me because I'm currently in a situation that I am in desperate need of an income. Thank you in advance to those of you willing to help me. You have no idea how much I will appreciate it.

Thankfully,
Jessica

• Re: Need help with Pharmacy Tech Calculations.
    kathy.walker.graves

Hello Jessica,

We can offer you tutoring if you have interest.  We can tutor by phone or by email.  Additionally, there is a pharmacy math group on Penn Foster's community.  I post pharmacy math questions allowing students to respond via a post with an answer and include the equation they use to solve the problem.  This allows you to build your math skills, receive feedback, plus offers you the equation used to solve the problem.   I look forward to hearing from you.

Kathy